0x is a communications protocol for the decentralized exchange of coins on the ETH (Ethereum) block-chain. Basically, this means, that 0x will provide the structure to outside companies to construct a DEX or decentralized exchange.
Aeron’s answer uses block-chain technology to keep track of aircraft upkeep and pilot backlogs. Aeron is developing a database and a worldwide system that is decentralized, hosting global information on pilots, flight schools, and aircrafts. This electronic backlog network would allow pilots to have records that can be corroborated online, making flying safer for everyone participating.
- altcoin is an abbreviation of “Bitcoin alternative” and describes any token except for Bitcoin. Many altcoins are forks of Bitcoin with small changes.
Auroracoin is a P2P(peer to peer) cryptocurrency that was originally based on LTC(litecoin) with a scrypt PoW(proof of work) system. Auroracoin was established in the beginning of February 2014 as an Icelandic alternate version of bitcoin and the króna, which is the Icelandic currency.
The Basic Attention Token uses the ETH (Ethereum) blockchain and a specific internet browser called “Brave”. The coin is used as a medium of exchange on its platform and can acquire various assorted and services. It was created to be exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users.
The Binance coin is anticipated to give gas to all the operations on Binance’s exchange and its system itself. It has support for many functions on the Binance’s system, which including paying for all of trading fees on the exchange, all the exchange’s costs in general, all the listing fees, and any other cost on the exchange itself.
Bitcoin was developed by an unknown person using the alias Satoshi Nakamoto. Bitcoin utilizes P2P (peer to peer) technology to operate with no fundamental authority or bank. Managing transactions and the issuing of bitcoins is done simultaneously by the network. Bitcoin is open-source; its design is public and open, nobody possesses or controls Bitcoin and everyone can participate.
Bitcoin gold was a hard-fork of the first open source cryptocurrency which happened on October 24, 2017. And while hard-forks can happen for a number of reasons or issues, including for the intent of scaling as a cryptocurrency client base starts to grows, or because of developer struggle and differences of end meets, bitcoin gold's alleged intention has been to "make bitcoin decentralized again."
BitConnect was designed as a decentralized, profit-oriented cryptocurrency, that derived the profit margins it payed from cryptographic transactions and changes in the cost of crypto assets. The system is a self-regulating financial service, in which several functional modules are integrated. Creator of Ethereum Vitalik Buterin and founder of Litecoin Charlie Lee accused Bitconnect of false promises and work on the Ponzi diagram (traditional financial pyramid). Bitconnect has closed its credit platform and crypto exchange shortly after the claims from state regulators in Texas and North Carolina.
BitShares is a family of Decentralized Autonomous Communities that implements a peculiar business model that can be best described as something in-between that of the traditional bank and that of the cryptocurrency exchange. BitShares X offers you a bank account using which, it is possible to transfer funds in a matter of seconds wherever you might desire with enhanced security and much more privacy compared to that of a Swiss bank one.
BlackCoin is a P2P(peer to peer) cryptocurrency. BlackCoin uses a PoS(proof of stake) system to alleviate secure and anonymous transactions, and has been open source to the public, it can be examined by anybody devising it entirely transparent. BlackCoin was made by the creator “Rat4”, with the intention of demonstrating that BlackCoins” way of disabling PoW(proof of work) is stabile and also secured.
– a file where transactional data pertaining to the cryptonetwork is permanently recorded. Each time a block is completed, the next block in the blockchain starts. Records once written in a block cannot be altered or removed.
– the number of blocks, that precede a particular block on a blockchain. For example, the genesis block has a height of zero because zero block preceded it.
– the amount of reward a miner receives for creating a block. Its amount equals the sum of the block subsidy plus the transactions fees paid by transactions included in the block.
BlockMason (BCPT) is a blockchain coin that utilizes the Credit Protocol to alter the procedure of the credit development. Though debt and credit have already been influential financial systems, the BlockMason will fortify this area through its block-chain coin’s plasticity and security. Blockmason carries an impressive system of great programs, contracts, content, libraries, apps and market makers. It is obvious from the coin that the blockchain is the foundational system for the next generation to come. BlockMason imagery is to create Credit Protocol to allow the $5 Trillion consumer credit-market to be more affable and clear.
- A broker-dealer is a person or firm in the business of buying and selling securities for its own account or on behalf of its customers.
Bytecoin is the first crypto that is based on the CryptoNote system with an open source code created for unidentified cash agreements. BCN defend the user's secrecy with impassive and unidentified transactions.
The Bytom token is a crypto-currency that was created to be a block-chain generally for the field of asset management. The goal of Bytom is to connect the digital world and the real world, and to develop a decentralized system where many digital and real assets can be recorded and exchanged.
- Call options are an agreement that give the option buyer the right, but not the obligation, to buy a stock, bond, commodity or other instrument at a specified price within a specific time period.
Cardano is a blockchain project created by “Charles Hoskinson”, the co-founder of ethereum, to “provide a more balanced and sustainable ecosystem” for crypto currencies. Reported on its website, ADA is the only coin with a “scientific philosophy and research-driven approach.” Basically, this means that Cardano’s open-source block-chain goes through a strict peer to review procedure by programmers and scientists in academia.
- A chartered financial analyst (CFA) is a professional designation given by the CFA Institute, formerly AIMR, that measures the competence and integrity of financial analysts.
- Founded in 1973 as the Chicago Board Options Exchange, it is the world's largest options market with contracts focusing on individual equities, indexes, and interest rates.
CVC is the homegrown token of the CIVIC network. The CIVIC foundation is extremely knowledgeable, with Vinny Lingham as the CEO, and Jonathan Smith as the CTO. CIVIC is an personal identity administration service that permits one to protect and permit the utilization of their personal identity in real-time.
- A commodity is a basic good used in commerce that is interchangeable with other commodities of the same type.
- a legal entity that has a legally separate existence from its owners. Corporations have most of the rights and responsibilities common with individuals: entering contracts, loaning and borrowing money, hiring employees, owning assets and paying taxes.
- A cryptocurrency is a digital or virtual currency that uses cryptography for security. A cryptocurrency is difficult to counterfeit because of this security feature. A defining feature of a cryptocurrency, and arguably its most endearing allure, is its organic nature; it is not issued by any central authority, rendering it theoretically immune to government interference or manipulation.
- Currency is a generally accepted form of money, including coins and paper notes, which is issued by a government and circulated within an economy.
– an organization that is run through rules encoded as computer programs called smart contracts. A DAO's financial transaction record and program rules are maintained on a blockchain.
Dash was established in 2014, Dash in the beginning was known as “Darkcoin” and was planned to guarantee user secrecy and obscurity. In fact, the cryptocurrencies white paper, authored by Evan Duffield and Daniel Diaz, describe Dash as “the first privacy-centric cryptographic currency” founded on Nakamoto’s work.
DigiByte is an open-source crypto-currency being ran on the DigiByte network, a decentralized international blockchain that was created in early 2013. The DigiByte token was created in 2013 and launched by January 2014. And although it was founded on BTC (Bitcoin), improvements in the code permitted for better functionality, it includes a fifteen second block time and reinforced security.
- Any means of payment that exists purely in electronic form.
- a dividend is a proportion of profit, payment from the company to the asset holders. Dividends can be represented as cash, shares of stock, or other assets. Some of mutual funds and exchange traded funds (ETF) also distribute dividends along with companies.
Dogecoin was developed by programmer “Billy Markus” from Portland, Oregon, who had hoped to create an amusing cryptocurrency that could reach a wider sociology than Bitcoin. Also, he wanted to distance it from the arguable history of all the other coins. And at the same time “Jackson Palmer”, an associate of Adobe Systems' marketing department in Australia, was pushed on Twitter by a student at Front Range Community College, to make the thought a dream come true.
- Earnings typically refer to after-tax net income, sometimes known as the bottom line, or a company's profits.
– the process of converting data to an unrecognizable or "encrypted" form. It is commonly used to protect sensitive information.
Enigma is a platform created to make life easier for traders and investors. Due to it they will be able to automate their difficult investment methods. Everybody who creates his fund will be able to sell his products to other users. Enigma is a decentralized computing crypto platform that guarantees complete data confidentiality. Its main goal is to give developers a place where they would be able to create applications without the participation of third parties, and their projects - would be "hidden" from the eyes of others until the official release.
ENJ (Enjin Coin) is a rapidly developing cryptocurrency that provides content creators, game publishers as well as game servers and different communities an easy solution for implementation of various virtual goods and even real value into their gameplay and community interaction patterns.
EOS is a blockchain platform with the use of the delegated proof-of-stake (DPOS). Whilst the open source software is developed by the Cayman Islands registered Block.one Company, the actual blockchain launch is carried out by volunteer block producer candidates. At the moment, the project is going through the ICO stadium that will be completed in 2018. The project’s chief developer is Dan Larimer.
Ethereum is an open software platform based on blockchain technology, it is a modified version of Nakamoto’s Bitcoin, that allows developers to build and set up decentralized applications.
Ethereum just like Bitcoin, is on a public blockchain network. Alike how bitcoin is mined, On Ethereum, miners are working to earn Ether. Ether is used to fuel the entire blockchain. Despite their compelling technical differences among both of them, the crucial characteristic to notice is that both vary in their capability and function.
Ethereum Classic is an open source, decentralized, blockchain-based apportioned cryptocurrency platform that runs using smart contracts. Based on the rule of “Code is Law,” smart contracts are executing autonomous digital apps which are able of running on their own as programmed. An example of such application includes a system that is able to manage the working of the an ATM (automatic teller machine) and the bitcoin blockchain.
– the virtual machine executed on the Ethereum network. The EVM focuses on providing security and executing untrusted code by computers all over the world, or, to be more specific, on preventing Denial-of-service attacks, which have become quite common in the cryptocurrency world.
Ethos is a cryptocurrency that categorizes itself as “people-powered”. The block-chain Ethos was developed by a team of professional developers with an all-across-the-board education in the field of publicity and assistance of decentralized applications that are built on the block-chain, under the leading General Director Shingo Lavine.
- Exchange-traded products (ETP) are a type of security that is derivatively priced and trades intra-day on a national securities exchange.
- An ETF, or exchange-traded fund, is a marketable security that tracks an index, a commodity, bonds, or a basket of assets like an index fund. Unlike mutual funds, an ETF trades like a common stock on a stock exchange.
Feathercoin is an open-source cryptocurrency, publicized under the license of “MIT / X11.1”, its based on the LTC protocol. On mid April 2013 Feathercoin with success was able to fork from Litecoin by creating its “genesis” block.
– a currency that a government has declared to be legal tender, but is not backed by physical assets.
- Forex (FX) is the market in which currencies are traded.
– radical change to the protocol that makes previously invalid blocks/transactions valid (or vice-versa).
- A futures contract is a legal agreement to buy or sell a particular commodity or asset at a predetermined price at a specified time in the future.
GameCredits (GAME) is a crypto-currency token that plans to become the first and only payment answer for all the online gaming industries. On the GameCredit’s website, the group’s mission is described as, “is to become the universal currency for 2.6 billion gamers worldwide, to empower game developers both big and small in order to further grow the 100 billion dollar gaming industry, and to accelerate the wide adoption of decentralized cryptocurrencies as a better alternative to government-issued fiats.”
GAS is a cryptocurrency that is distributed to the holders of NEO proportional to their stake. Commissions for the using of NEO are paid in GAS. Neo holders are rewarded with a certain amount of Gas every month, what is used as a power for the transaction.
– a function that mechanically takes an arbitrary amount of input, and produces an unpredictable output of a fixed size.
- A hedge is an investment to reduce the risk of adverse price movements in an asset. Normally, a hedge consists of taking an offsetting position in a related security, such as a futures contract.
Hshare is a blockchain system with its priority to permit value transfer among block-chains. Hshare has the priority to defeat exchanges when transferring worth among block-chains.
ICON is a South Korean founded company that created a block-chain technology and accompanying cryptocurrency coin titled “ICX”. The company has explained itself as a interconnected block-chain network, that allows associates in a decentralized system to “meet” at a center point. This is completed by conjugating one community to other communities through the ICON Republic.
– the first sale of a cryptocurrency to the public conducted for the purpose of raising funds to support the project.
- An initial public offering is when a private company or corporation raises investment capital by offering its stock to the public for the first time.
- An investment advisor is any person or group that makes investment recommendations or conducts securities analysis in return for a fee. Investment advisor were defined by the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 as any person or group that makes investment recommendations or conducts securities analysis in return for a fee, whether through direct management of client assets or via written publications.
- An investment analyst is a financial professional with expertise in evaluating financial and investment information, typically for the purpose of making buy, sell and hold recommendations for securities.
In the IOTA road map, David Sonstebo, explained that it was created to allow the “paradigm shift” to the “Internet of Things” by setting up a record book of everything. Merely put, this just means that IOTA will allow data to be exchanged between different machines that dwell the “Internet of Things”.
- An issue is the process of offering securities as an attempt to raise funds.
– a database where every transaction of a cryptocurrency is recorded. For example, Blockchain is the ledger for Bitcoin transactions. It is a global ledger where every transaction of bitcoin that has ever happened is recorded.
Lisk provides a very similar block-chain supported application system like the Google Play Store and Apple’s App Store. The main difference is that Apple and Google have power over their respective app stores, while Lisk is decentralized and apportioned to run across many hardware devices on the blockchain.
Lіtесоіn is a P2P (peer to peer) сrурtосurrеnсу аnd an open software proposal released under the “MIT/X11“ lісеnѕеѕ. Whіlе it was encouraged bу, and in mоѕt regards almost a copy of Bіtсоіn, Litecoin іѕ a lot cheaper аnd faster to send transactions.
- Market capitalization refers to the total dollar market value of a company's outstanding shares.
- Market value is the price an asset would fetch in the marketplace.
Metaverse ETP is an aspirant project founded in China. The project is titled Metaverse, and the coin is the Metaverse ETP. Metaverse is supplying digital commercial enterprise services through Blockchain as a Service called BaaS, and are putting together many assorted ideas into one system. BaaS means that blockchain apps can without a struggle be developed and launched on the platform.
– processing of transactions in the digital currency system, in which the records of current transactions, known as a blocks, are added to the record of past transactions, known as the blockchain.
Monero is an untraceable, private, and secured cryptocurrency. Monero’s utilization is a particular kind of cryptography to make sure that each and every transaction remains completely untraceable. In a progressively crystal clear world, you can see why something similar to Monero is so desired.
- Money is an officially issued legal tender that typically consists of notes and coins.
Namecoin is a cryptocurrency that is mined with BTC computer software as bonus. It is based on the same algorithm as bitcoin and uses the same PoW(proof-of-work) algorithm.
- second-largest stock exchange in the world, based in New York, U.S.
- The Nasdaq 100 Index is a basket of the 100 largest, most actively traded U.S companies listed on the Nasdaq stock exchange.
NEO is a blockchain system and cryptocurrency designed to create a scalable platform of decentralized applications or dapps. The basic quality of the NEO blockchain is the non divisible NEO coin which creates GAS coins that can be used to fund for transaction fees created by apps on the system.
- The New York Stock Exchange (NYSE) is a stock exchange located in New York City that is considered the largest equities-based exchange in the world, based on the total market capitalization of its listed securities.
– a node is a device on a blockchain network, that is in essence the foundation of the technology. A node can be any active electronic device, including a computer, phone or even a printer, as long as it is connected to the internet and as such has an IP address.
Novacoin is another altcoin on a decentralised network, and it is founded on an open-source P2P (peer to peer) Internet etiquette. Novacoin is supported using a crossbred of PoW (Proof of work) with PoS (Proof of stake) block producing ways with its separate reference limit. Novacoin was presented in mid 2013 by the developer who goes by “Balthazar” an his development team.
Omise is a company that is based in Thailand. It was founded in Bangkok in early 2013, the organization created and holds an online payment system that allows payment processes and bill payments. Back in late 2017, the Omise creators Jun Hasegawa and Donnie Harinsut developed OmiseGO and started an ICO (initial coin offering) that held over $25 million for the OmiseGo cryptocurrency coin on the ETH (Ethereum) network.
- Options are a financial derivative sold by an option writer to an option buyer.
– an agent that finds and verifies real-world occurrences and submits this information to a blockchain to be used by smart contracts. Oracles are trusted data feeds that send information into the Smart Contract, removing the need for Smart Contracts to directly access information outside their network, thus lightening their workload. Oracles are usually supplied by third parties and are authorized by the companies that use them.
– computing or networking is a distributed application architecture that partitions tasks or workloads between peers. Peers are equally privileged, equipotent participants in the application. They are said to form a peer-to-peer network of nodes.
Peercoin is inspired by Bitcoin, and it uses much of the source-code and technical execution of Bitcoin. The Peercoin source-code is apportioned under the MIT/X11 software license.
The PAI project was founded on the firm belief in the fact that each and every person in the world should possess their own digital persona, one that behaves, thinks, and speaks just like the host it is representing. They’re developing person’s Personal Artificial Intelligence, hence the name PAI.
– Proof-of-Authority is a modified Proof-of-Stake consensus mechanism. Proof-of-Authority works by removing the weight of an actor (based on the value of their digital assets) and focuses on tying an individual’s identity to their ability to validate a network.
– a much more user-friendly consensus mechanism compared to Proof of Work, yet still anonymous in its function. This consensus required individuals to hold onto their assets in their wallet in order to validate network transactions. They were also rewarded for their efforts through engaging in this process. Proof-of-Stake also has its share of issues as it offers significant incentive to early adopters to support the network, and as such, still poses a barrier to entry for new actors.
– Proof-of-Work was intended to validate the transactions, rewarding the users who completed these transactions with help of additional digital assets. However, this technology required the solving of complex algorithms, consuming vast amounts of electricity and computing power. Proof-of-Work started to dissuade some individuals from entering into the market due to the rather large costs required for expensive computing equipment and industrial-like infrastructure requirements.
- A put option is an option contract giving the owner the right, but not the obligation, to sell a specified amount of an underlying security at a specified price within a specified time frame.
Qtum is a cryptocurrency that was created to make smart contracts easier to use for businesses and institutions. But it is more than just another coin, the base has developed a blockchain answer that reaps many features of Ethereum and Bitcoin, it alleviates interchangeability between both of them and taking benefit of their major advantages.
Reddcoin classes itself as a "social currency for the digital age." And as such, it was created to be used on most leading social media platforms like Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter.
Reddcoin provides has an interesting technological feature. The "PoSV(proof of stake velocity) algorithm, is a new way of validating blocks. Conventionally, coins have used POW(proof of work) or POS(proof of stake).
Ripio Credit Network is a global credit network which gives better transparency and reliability in credit financing. It relies on blockchain system and smart contracts. RCN raises the possibility of identifying of relationships between lenders and borrowers located anywhere all over the world, besides currency makes no matter.
- The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) is an independent federal government agency responsible for protecting investors, maintaining fair and orderly functioning of securities markets and facilitating capital formation.
- A security is a fungible, negotiable financial instrument that holds some type of monetary value.
- Shares are units of ownership interest in a corporation or financial asset that provide for an equal distribution in any profits, if any are declared, in the form of dividends.
Siacoin (or Sia) is a decentralized platform that provides a cloud storage service and competes with the centralized clouds such as DropBox, Amazon, Apple, and Microsoft. With Sia, every user can share his/her free place with others or, alternatively, place his/her files in the enciphered storage area.
– self-executing contracts with the terms of the agreement between buyer and seller being directly written into lines of code. The code and the agreements contained therein exist across a distributed, decentralized blockchain network.
– a change to the software protocol where only previously valid blocks/transactions are made invalid. Since old nodes will recognize the new blocks as valid, a softfork is backward-compatible. When a majority of miners upgrade to enforce new rules, it is called a miner-activated softfork (MASF). When full nodes coordinate to enforce new rules, without support from miners, it is called a user-activated softfork (UASF).
- Standard & Poor's (S&P) is a leading index provider and source of independent credit ratings.
- The Standard & Poor's 500 Index - S&P 500 is a market-capitalization-weighted index of the 500 largest U.S. publicly traded companies by market value.
Project Status (SNT) is simultaneously a social media platform, a messenger and a browser built on the Ethereum's blockchain. It serves as a unifying element for all projects created on the basis of the Ethereum. Status is a mobile application that allows you to exchange tokens created on the basis of Ethereum, it is possible to communicate between network members, and also use an anonymous and decentralized web browser. In other words, the appearance of the Status application will be one of the steps to start using Ethereum everywhere.
Stellar is an open-source commerce technology that is very similar as Ripple. The founder of Stellar, Jed McCaleb, happens to also be the co-founder of Ripple.
(also "shares" or "equity) – a single part of assets in a stock company or corporation. Stock can be common or preferred.
- The stock market refers to the collection of markets and exchanges where the issuing and trading of equities or stocks of publicly held companies, bonds, and other classes of securities take place.
Stratis is a platform for creating applications using blockchain technology. Fuel for the system is the STRAT token. The platform is based on the Proof-of-Stake algorithm and uses sidechains to reduce the load on the network. You can buy STRAT tokens on cryptocurrency exchanges for other cryptocurrencies, or, in some cases, even fiat money. As the main development language is used C # from Microsoft, which is very popular in the corporate environment.
- Strike price is the price at which a derivative contract can be exercised.
TenX is a cryptocurrency payment platform, which consists of a wallet, a physical debit card, a bank account, access to an ATM, etc. Besides, it offers applications for Webapp, iOS, Android. It was created for everyday use. The main goal of this project is to make possible for clients to pay for their buying with TenX in real life without any problem.
– an alternative blockchain used for testing. Testnet coins are separate and distinct from actual bitcoins and are never supposed to have any value. This allows application developers or bitcoin testers to experiment, without having to use real coins or worrying about breaking the main bitcoin chain.
– generally tokens represent utility or an asset, or sometimes both and in terms of computer security, a “token” is a type of encrypted data where an algorithmically generated string of data acts as a stand-in for the original data.
- The Tokyo Stock Exchange (TSE) is the largest stock exchange in Japan, headquartered in its capital city of Tokyo.
Tron is on a blockchain decentralized system that is aimed to construct a free, world wide digital “content entertainment platform” with apportioned saving technology, which will enable a simple and cheap way to share all digital content.
VeChain is leading products and information platform on blockchain. Vechain is trying to build a BaaS (Blockchain-as-a-Service) model. VeChain has accumulated a great deal of experience in providing blockchain solutions to a number of different industries including, but not limited to food, liquor, logistics, auto, pharmaceuticals, luxury goods, cold storage, supply chain, and retail etc.
Verge is a decentralized open-source crypto-currency that uses anonymous transactions by altering the IP address and location of its users so that they aren’t traceable using technology, it uses I2P and Tor. It trades using the abbreviation XVG.
Vertcoin (VTC) is a P2P(peer-to-peer) cryptocurrency and software project. It is similar to the Bitcoin blockchain currency with extra characteristics such as an open source Lightning Network execution created by MIT and an ASIC resistant PoW(Proof-of-work) system.
- The Volatility Index, or VIX, is an index created by the Chicago Board Options Exchange (CBOE), which shows the market's expectation of 30-day volatility.
– software on the user's computer or mobile device or an account with an online service. Secure digital wallet used to store, send and receive digital currency like Bitcoin.
Waltonchain is a coin that will put together blockchain technology mixed with RFID (Radio-frequency IDentification) technology to amend supply chain management. Waltonchain will also aim to incorporate blockchain technology and the Internet of Things (IoT) to make a decentralized system of interconnectivity which Waltonchain refers to as the VioT (Value Internet of Things).
The Ripple platform is an open source protocol which was created to allow fast and cheap transactions.
The Ripple platform has its own currency XRP but also allows anybody to use its platform to create their own via the Ripple Net.
Zcash is another privacy centered blockchain and cryptocurrency that was created as the outcome to bitcoin’s issues. It uses the same algorithm as bitcoin but has improved upon it by sanctioning a semi transparent process. In simpler words, this means that it avoids the extremist transparency of bitcoins blockchain for a more subtle execution. In this execution, user transaction data is disclosed selectively.